Monday, September 12, 2011

10 Things I Think I Think

1. I think it would be great if Cranbrook could host an WHL Exhibition Tournament. Biggest challenge is enough dressing rooms to host 3-4 more teams for 4-5 days. Tri City has been a great host the past 2 years the ICE have attended.

2. I think it was great to have 15-year-old Collin Shirley, the clubs' 1st pick in the 2011 Bantam Draft, play in 3 preseason games. Sonehow the ICE have another solid prospect even though they continue to draft late in the 1st round.

3. I think of the 3 goalies who played in preseason games Mackenzie Skapski had the best performance.

4. I think during training camp Brett Teskey was the most consistent.

5. I think of the 3 rookie defensemen who played on the weekend Spencer Wand had the best performance.

6. I think during training camp not much seperated Wand, Jeff Hubic and Mike Simpson in the battle for 2 defenseman roster spots.

7. I think of the 8 rookie forwards who played in Tri City it was Sam Reinhart and Jaedon Descheneau who stood out in a great way.

8. I think during training camp Jesse Wood-Shatz joined Reinhart and Descheneau in having great camps.

9. I think it's going to be very tough for the ICE to be down to 22 players for their final roster. Some times the final cut is the hardest, this year it might be the final 3 cuts.

10. I think these are my non-hockey thoughts.
a) There will be an announcement soon from the Homerun Society. Hopefully this is the last summer without full-time baseball in Cranbrook.

b) If you have a bucket list, visiting Ground Zero should be added.

c) Bring on the new Fall TV Season.