Tuesday, November 25, 2008

10 Things I Think I Think

1. I think even though there are people wanting to get rid of the WHL vs Russia series, the players still look forward to playing. I mean they're really looking forward to suiting up against the Russians. It won't be a highlight of their careers but it's something they'll talk about for a long time.
2. I think the more poeple complain about there being no Broncos or Raiders in the games being played in Swift Current and Prince Albert the more the powers at be will not make any roster changes. If you are being told you are doing something wrong the first reaction is to defend your decision. But I must say it was pretty electric at the Rec-Plex last year everytime John Negrin, Dustin Sylvester or Andrew Bailey had a shift.
3. I think it's going to be a great experience for the 14 ICE players who haven't been on the US road trip. The game in Seattle will be the last for the ICE at the Key Arena which ahs the loudest sound system in the WHL. Everett has the roudiest fans. Portland's ice surface is about 15 feet short of the regulation 200 feet and it's all taken away in the neutral zone. Tri City has another fast exciting team with graet goaltending. They already know the challenges of playing in Spokane.
4. I think if you are looking for a good read check out Jason Peters "Hero Of The Underground". It's a true story on a former NFL player who got into huge drug problems. Taking heroin, cocaine problems and pain killers and living to tell about it. It's a very disturbing story.
5. I think an even better read is "Boys Will Be Boys: The Glory Days and Party Nights of the Dallas Cowboys Dynasty". It's a real page turner and will make you look at the NFL in a new way.
6. I think the Grey Cup was a disappointing game to watch. Both teams failed to play the exciting CFL style of play with long passes and exciting offensive plays. TSN HD doesn't look as good as ESPN HD.
7. I think TSN is making a lot of sports fans mad in Western Canada. Roberto Luongo has a major injury and they fail to do any investigating but continue to chase Mats Sundin everyday and makes it one of their top stories. Friday night the top story was Toronto Raptor highlights. Not the NHL and not even Grey Cup coverage. With so many sports networks showing the same highlights it's the extra coverage that fans are missing.
8. I think it's going to be tough to be in the USA next week and searching for hockey highlights every night. ESPN does amazing coverage of the NFL and that's sure to be the focus all weekend.
9. I think it's Xmas party season. Make sure you check with your boss to make sure they set up free cab service to get you home. As they say is radio "we'd rather talk to you than about you."
10. I think I may have to rent every season of 24. I checked out a few minutes of season 7 on the weekend and was hooked after only 15 minutes.