Monday, June 21, 2010

10 Things I Think I Think

1. I think overall it'll be a big day for WHL players at the NHL Draft this weekend. The 1st WHL player may not be selected in the top 5, but by the end of the 1st round there will be 8 guys selected.
2. I think it'll be interesting to see how many European players will be selected this weekend in the NHL and then again in the CHL Import Draft later this month.
3. I think that you will begin to see some TENTATIVE schedules released by some WHL teams in the near future. The East Conference held their scheduling meetings this week.
4. I think I hope no WHL arenas will allow vuvuzelas this season.
5. I think it would be great if Cranbrook had a baseball park with lights. How great would it be to spend some summer nights watching a few innings of baseball. Hopefully by 2011 it'll be done.
6. I think I don't know who flops more ... NBA players or Soccer players. Yes it's embarrassing to the sport, but aren't the players doing everything they can to help their team win? Also remember that kids are growing up watching this happen and will probably do it when they get older and get involved in sports.
7. I think I'm starting too see some NFL magazines in stores and some NCAA football mags as well. Nothing on the CFL and the season starts July 1st, so I hear through the grapevine.
8. I think it's 3 months until a new WHL season starts. In some ways it's a long ways away and in other ways it's really close.
9. I think if you are a poker player you should know the WSOP Main event starts on July 5th. Buy-in is $10,000. 1st prize should be around 7 million.
10. I think it's okay to watch the U.S. Open once a year and see the players struggle to make par. ONCE a year.