Monday, June 20, 2011

10 Things I Think I Think

1. I think the Kootenay ICE should be on the cover of the next Phone Book with their team championship picture in Portland. The 2002 Memorial Cup picture was the cover in 2002. By the way, with the access to information on the Internet do they even make phone books anymore?

2. I think Red Deer is the favorite to host the 2013 Memorial Cup. They are in the final three with Kelowna (who hosted in 2004) and Saskatoon (who hosted the 2010 WJHC and the 1989 Memorial Cup). Since the tournament format was created its has been hosted in Alberta only once, 1974 in Calgary.

3. I think every time I saw Boston Coach Claude Julien during the playoffs I thought of the 2001 NHL Draft in Florida where I shared a cab with him going from our hotel to another hotel where all the NHL people were located. For a reason I can't remember, I paid for the ride. Wait, What?

4. I think you have to be happy for former ICE trainer Brad Shaw who will not only work in the NHL after spending 1 year in the AHL but he will be in his home province of Manitoba. He grew up following the Jets.

5. I think Max Reinhart will get an invite to Canada's WJHC main camp in December even though he is not attending the summer camp. Some of the possible returning players will be in the NHL and that will create a few openings, plus Reinhart's play should catch their attention.

6. I think with the WHL schedule meetings today, the ICE will probably hope to have their BC trip in December when the Rec-Plex is unavailable because of the curling event.

7. I think it'll be interesting to see who will be the new Assistant Coach in Vancouver. That person will be Head Coach when Don Hay goes to the WJHC.

8. I think there were a few people who were not surprised Curtis Hunt was fired as Head Coach of the Regina Pats. Everyone is surprised it came 3 months after their season ended.

9. I think in the 1st round of this weeks NHL Draft there will be 9 players selected who played against the ICE this year. 6 from the WHL and 3 from the Saint John Sea Dogs.

10. I think these are my non-hockey thoughts.
a) Is it wrong the only movie I want to see this summer is Cars 2? It's out this weekend.

b) My headline for Rory McIlroy's US Open victory is "Rory Roars Like A Tiger"

c) 1st Day of Summer is tomorrow and we need some warmer weather soon as it's be a long depressing Winter/Spring. Just so you know that big bright thing in the sky is called a Sun. Long time no see.

d) Best new show on TV is the Sports Show with Norm McDonald. It's must see TV.