1. Saw a report this week that the Canadian Foreign Service has reached a deal on a new contract with the federal government. This will end the rotating strikes which have slowed the visa processing in places around the world. One of the places affected was Moscow where Import draft pick Rinat Valiev is awaiting to be allowed to come to Canada.
2. The ICE have a career record of 32-22-4-2 vs Regina, including 17-8-2-2 at home.
3. The Pats were the first team to play the ICE in the Rec-Plex (now Western Financial Place) on October 13, 2000. ICE won 5-3 and were lead by Mike Comries’ 4 goals.
4. The ICE now have a career shootout record of 32-25.
5. 11 players on the current roster have taken a shot in the shootout and here are their career totals …
Sam Reinhart 2/10, Luke Philp 1/6, Levi Cable 2/5, Collin Shirley 1/4, Jaedon Descheneau 1/4, Zach McPhee 1/1, Jagger Dirk 0/1, Kyle O’Connor 0/1, Tanner Faith 0/1, Austin Vetterl 0/1, Zak Zborosky 0/1,
6. Mackenzie Skapski is the franchise leader in career shootout saves with 46 on 51 shots.
7. The ICE have a career shootout percentage of 31% with 62 goals on 200 attempts.
8. 16 players have played 250 or more career games for the ICE. Jagger Dirk is one away from tying Nigel Dawes, Jarret Stoll and Dean Arsene for 17th place with 245 games played.
9. Regina’s new Head Coach Malcom Cameron was the bench boss for 3 games last season including a 4-1 loss to the ICE in Cranbrook.
10. The ICE usually wear their blue K jersey’s on Saturday home games and have a career record of 26-15-2-0.