1. The ICE go into the weekend at .500 with 41 points in 41 games. The last time they were at .500 was after game #14 when they were 6-6-2-0.
2. In their last 10 games the ICE have allowed 392 shots on goal which is an average of 39.2 per game.
3. From the 3rd period in Calgary to the first 2 periods in Medicine Hat the ICE were outshot 55-16.
4. The trade deadline is next Friday and GM Jeff Chynoweth told us yesterday he is active on the phones and would like to add a top 6 forward, IF the price is right.
5. One of the reasons the ICE have made the playoffs 15 years in a row is they don’t empty the cupboards in one year. The club is always thinking what the roster will look like in the next few years. So, if the only way to make a trade for another forward will make the team fragile in the future I wouldn’t expect another blockbuster deal.
6. 3 years ago when the ICE made the 8-for-1 trade for Cody Eakin they were confident that they have enough prospects to replace the 5 players and 3 draft pick they gave to the Broncos. They were right.
7. The only players still with the Broncos from that trade are Colby Cave and Cavin Leth (who was the 2nd round pick in the trade). The 1st round pick (Zach Gonek) was traded to Prince George and the 3rd round pick (Wyatt Sloboshan) was dealt to Saskatoon. The other players Christian Magnus, Ryan Bloom, Jarrett Zentner and Steven Myland are not with the team anymore.
8. Not only were Tanner Faith and Tyler King teammates 3 years ago at Notre Dame, they were defenseman partners.
9. The ICE have lost 7 games this season when facing the other teams’ regular back-up goalie.
10. In the 2013 calendar year Jaedon Descheneau scored 50 goals. 24 at the end of last season and 26 to start this season.