Friday, May 6, 2011

Thank You

As you may have heard on the broadcast, the BCAB (British Columbia Association of Broadcasters) handed out their Annual Awards and to my surprise I was awarded the Broadcaster Performer of the Year Award.
The awards were handed out in Kelowna and I wasn’t able to attend as obviously I was in Portland for game 1 of the WHL Final. Thus is the life of a play-by-play announcer who many times finds themselves away from home unable to attend many special occasions and events.
First a big thanx for those at the radio station who took the time to get the nomination submitted and for embellishing some facts to make me sound better than I am.
The radio stations, led by Rod Schween, (originally EK Radio & The Outlaw and now The Drive & -104) has been the best place to work in the WHL as since day one they gave me total freedom to create a broadcast.
The Kootenay ICE is a top rated organization for many reasons and can’t imagine working for another team. Jeff Chynoweth and the late Ed Chynoweth “get it” when it comes to the importance of media coverage and have given me 100% support in all my requests in covering the team. The conversations and advice over the years has helped me love this job more than I thought possible.
I am honored to receive this award and was happy with just being nominated.