Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Off The Net

Our Off The Net feature continues where you can send comments to the broadcast directly to jeff@thedrivefm.ca.

Here's a message from Steele Boomer's Mom ...

Hi Jeff,

First of all, thank you for making the Ice broadcasts so entertaining. I have really enjoyed listening to them the past few years. I am also a faithful follower of your blog.

I just wanted you to know that I will be at the game in Edmonton – Hockey Hooky – with my class. I teach kids with ‘alternate learning abilities’ in Edmonton and will be bringing them to the game again this year. While 6,000 screaming kids is not a walk in the park, it is a wonderful way for many children to be able to see a ‘professional’ hockey game, some for the first, and possibly only, time. I am trying to encourage my students to cheer for Kootenay, and it does seem to be working well! We have been reading a book in our class that was donated to our school in 1997 by Kris Knoblauch, then a member of the Edmonton Ice. I didn’t realize the significance of the book when I chose it. The kids really feel some ownership of the team!

I am not able to get to many games in Cranbrook but want everyone to know how much my husband and I have appreciated the support the town has given our son over the past 4 years. Thank you to everyone who has made the decision to let our son move away a positive one.

Lori Boomer